ValueGuard® Accurate, Tamper-Resistant Radon Test
ValueGuard® Professional Home Radon Testing
We’ve performed over 20,000 radon detection tests in the community since 1997. Our Pennsylvania DEP Certified radon testing service features:
• Tamper-resistant electronic radon test monitor
• 48 hour test, results in minutes!
• Accurate, detailed radon test report
• Convenient radon test scheduling
ValueGuard is a test only firm to avoid any conflict of interest. We do not perform or recommend radon mitigation services.
Bucks County Radon Testing • Chester County Radon Testing• Delaware County Radon Testing • Montgomery County Radon Testing • Philadelphia Radon Testing
What is Radon?
You cannot see, smell or taste radon; however, it may be a problem in your home or a property you are purchasing. Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium that is found in nearly all soils. This gas moves through the earth and enters buildings through cracks and/or holes in foundations and floors and accumulates. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Surgeon General have identified radon gas as the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
Do I need to test for radon?
The only way to determine if you are at risk is to perform testing. The EPA and Surgeon General recommend testing for all homes below the third floor. EPA further recommends that homes with high radon concentration be mitigated. ValueGuard is a test only firm to avoid any conflict of interest. We do not perform or recommend radon mitigation services.
• Homes with elevated levels of radon have been found in all three zones.
• All homes should be tested regardless of geographic location. Learn more
• Click on the image for a larger version | What do the colors mean?
Pennsylvania’s highest radon potential counties (red on map) include Berks, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester Counties. The potential average indoor radon screening level for RED counties is greater than 4 pCi/L (picocuries per liter). The EPA recommends mitigation for elevated (4.0 pCli/l or higher) results.
Radon Test Results You Can Depend On
Sellers can easily compromise most radon tests to avoid responsibility. Who will know if they open the windows or move the test device to get a false low? ValueGuard uses electronic, tamper-resistant monitors which detect any unusual readings of radon, temperature and humidity caused by opening the surrounding windows. Tilt and power sensors detect if the monitor is moved to a different location. Hourly barometric pressure readings will even help detect unusual radon averages due to extreme weather conditions. All data is reviewed for any sign of suspected tampering by trained professionals. Bottom line: It is extremely difficult to compromise a ValueGuard electronic monitor radon test without getting caught.
At the end of the 48-hour test period, the ValueGuard radon technician will download the results in minutes. Your accurate and dependable Radon Test Results will be emailed to you. ValueGuard Radon technicians have performed over 20,000 radon detection tests since 1997! Call 215-860-3150 to schedule your 48-hour radon test.
Additional Radon Information Sources
• Your Radon Test Results will be emailed to you after completion of the 48 hour test. If the radon concentration is elevated (4.0 pCli/l or higher),it can easily be fixed. To find out how, click here
• Dr Oz: The #1 Cancer Risk at Home, February 9, 2011. Must watch video about the health risks of radon on your family’s health.
• To find a qualified radon mitigation contractor near you, click here
• To view the National Safety Council’s Award Winning Radon Public Service Announcement click here
• For more information on radon, view the US EPA radon website
• To view the US EPA Consumer Guide to Radon Reduction, click here
ValueGuard Philadelphia Radon Testing
Professional, Dependable Radon Testing since 1997!
ValueGuard is a PA DEP Certified Radon Testing Company
Got Radon? Get Tested!